CURRENT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 3rd, 2021
Special note for the Diversity Issue:
When submitting, please inform us of what diverse background you come from. This information will not be made public, or published in Ramifications should your piece be accepted.
Diverse backgrounds include (but are not limited to): LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, first-generation students, immigrants, those with disabilities, neurodivergent individuals, religion and spirituality, socioeconomic class, and more.
All submission guidelines listed below still apply.
The content of submissions is not limited to your experience; it can be about anything.
Anonymous submissions are more than welcome, as always.
- Only work from Berry College students, faculty, and staff are accepted.
- Only previously unpublished work is accepted.
- Multiple submissions are welcome. Accepted works are limited to one literature and/or one art piece per author/artist for each issue. Please check for genre-specific limitations below.
- Please indicate the medium each submitted work qualifies as (i.e. poetry, fiction, nonfiction, art, music) in the body of your email.
- If you submit more than the allowed number of pieces, only the ones that fall within the limit will be considered.
- All literature must be in a Microsoft word document in Times New Roman font with 12 pt. size.
- Literature must follow a limit of 5 pages, single spaced, but we may ask for excerpts if accepted.
- For poetry, please limit your submissions to 6 poems per person.
Art & Photography
- Please limit your submissions to 5 pieces of art or photographs. A series of pictures intended to be published as a collection may be submitted as one piece, but please indicate it as such.
- Photographs should be at least 300 dpi, but if you are not sure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your artwork is not photographed in a high quality manner, send it anyway. We will email you and ask that you come to our art shoot later to have your artwork photographed professionally.
- Lyrics required, and a recording is appreciated though not required for initial submission. We may request a recording if accepted.
- Sheet music may be submitted.
Submit your work to Ramifications@berry.edu